NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
HAVE YOU BEEN WANTING TO TAKE A FIRST STEP TO WORK FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE?
DOES YOUR GROUP HAVE AN EXCITING PROJECT FOR JUSTICE AND PEACE THAT YOU CAN’T FIND FUNDS FOR?
A LIMITED NUMBER OF ONE TIME GRANTS FOR UP TO $500 WILL BE GIVEN TO YOUTH OR ADULTS WHO WANT TO DEVELOP NEW PEACEMAKING PROJECTS OR TAKE THEIR FIRST STEPS IN WORKING TO FOSTER PEACE AND JUSTICE. PRIMARY FOCUS IS ON GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS IN ATHENS COUNTY WITH LIMITED ACCESS TO OTHER SOURCES OF FUNDING. Of particular interest are projects that work to end international military intervention and projects to undo sexism or racism.
APPLICATIONS can be found at the bottom of this page and can be submitted online or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, contact the AGPF committee at email@example.com.
Recipients of the AGPF are asked to either present or submit a report on their peacemaking efforts after the grant project has been completed.
For donating to the fund please send checks to the Appalachian Peace and Justice Network, APJN, at 18 N. College St. Athens, OH, 45701 with AGPF in the subject line. All donations are tax deductible.
Art Gish Peacemaking Fund Application Questions:
Please fill out questions 1-9 in 2 to 3 pages, double spaced or click on the application link below. Applicants may ask for up to $500 per grant cycle.
- What is your name and (if applicable) your group’s name, street address, e-mail address, and phone number?
- What is your proposed project and the goal of your proposed project?
- What have you already done to make this project happen?
- Are you collaborating with other individuals or groups on this project? If so, who? Give names and contact information of the others.
- Have you been involved in previous peace and justice work or is this a new step for you? If so, briefly describe.
- What is the time line and end date of your project?
- Will your project continue or is it a one-time project?
- Are you eligible for or receiving funding from other sources for your project? If so, what?
- What is the budget for your project (what would you like to spend the AGPF money on)?